Our Practice Charter
Hailwood Medical Practice LLC
We undertake to:
- Treat you with respect and courtesy at all times.
- Provide you with advice and treatment in a timely manner.
- Help you make decisions about your health by treating you as an equal.
- Discuss what treatment is available and refer you on to other experts where necessary.
- Act as your advocate and guide through health and social services.
- Maintain confidentiality in what we discuss and the records we keep on your behalf.
- Keep up to date with developments in health care by continuing to learn.
In return we ask you to:
- Keep your appointment, or let us know as soon as possible if you can”t.
- Only use the out-of-hours services in an emergency.
- Be nice to our staff! They do their best for you and respond very well to “please” and “thank you”.
- Let us know if you have any suggestions or cause for complaint as soon as possible.
- Let us know when we have done well.
From time to time wires get crossed! We are not deliberately trying to upset you! Please air your complaint to the Practice Manager either verbally or in writing. She will outline our complaints procedure and endeavour to resolve the problem. Any complaint or concern raised will not compromise care received.
We respect the right to privacy and keep all your health information confidential and secure. All patient information is treated as strictly confidential and will not be disclosed without written consent.
The practice does not discriminate on the following grounds: race, gender, age, social class, religion, sexual orientation, appearance, disability or medical condition.
We aim to treat our patients courteously at all times and expect our patients to treat our staff in a similarly respectful way. We take seriously any threatening, abusive or violent behaviour against any of our staff or patients. Please note that any patient who displays unacceptable behaviour will be removed from our practice list.